White and blue give us essential nutrients and the ideal would be to combine them in our weekly menus. Preparing them in the oven not only achieves very tasty results, but it is also a very healthy and simple way of cooking, without having to add hardly any fat, and does not require much time in the kitchen.
With the variety of fish that reach our fish markets, it is a shame to always resort to the same species. We must be encouraged to try different fish to enrich our menus and take advantage of all its properties, without falling into routine monotony.
We can bet on seasonal fish adapting to each season, and we always have the resource of the practical and economical frozen fish. If you do not have much experience preparing it, do not hesitate to consult your fishmonger or ask him to leave it clean and ready to roast.
The oven admits whole specimens of large size – bass, sea bass – or in individual pieces of ration, easier to distribute – horse, mullet -. We can also cook clean portions of the larger species – salmon, cod, hake – or simply choose clean fillets. Most recipes admit to preparing the garnish in the same container, saving us even more work.
Seven easy and healthy baked fish recipes
1. Baked mackerel with roasted vegetables
- Ingredients for people 4 . 4 mackerels, 3 tomatoes on the branch, 2 Italian green peppers, 4 potatoes, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 130 ml of white wine, 2 lemons, 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Development. Preheat the oven to 180º C with heat up and down. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices, wash and cut the peppers and sliced tomatoes, sliced onion, and chop the garlic cloves well. Grease a bowl with a quarter of the oil, place the potatoes mixed with the onion, salt and add the tomato, green pepper, and chopped garlic, salt rectify. Add the wine, lemon juice and half of the water, and bake for 45 minutes, making sure that the dried vegetables are not left. We place the fish, clean, salty and with a few slices of lemon and add the rest of the water. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. Fish with pepper in papillote
- Ingredients for 2 people . 2 clean fillets of white fish ration, 1 Italian green pepper, 1 large ripe tomato, 1 clove of garlic, 50 g of white onion, boneless green olives, dried thyme, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, and salt.
- Elaboration. Dip the tomato in a pot with boiling water and scalded for a minute. We remove it from the water, cool it and peel it. Cut in half, remove the seeds and crush it to puree it. We crush the garlic clove, chop it finely and add it to the tomato. Season with half a tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. We put aluminum foil in a pan and put the pepper to roast until the skin is burned. We put it in a plastic bag for 10 minutes so it can sweat and we can peel it easily. Remove the filaments and seeds and cut them into julienne. We grease some sheets of aluminum foil with oil and spread a generous amount of the tomato and garlic puree, on which we place the fish fillet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Cover with the onion and pepper and add some olives. We close to form our papillotes and bake at 180º C for 30 minutes.
3. Baked snapper on his bed of potatoes
- Ingredients for 4 people . 1 snapper of a kilo and a half clean and ready to roast, 4 potatoes, necessary fish stock, 1 onion, 10 ml of extra virgin olive oil, coarse salt.
- Development . We preheat the oven to 190º C. Peel and cut the sliced potatoes 0.5 cm thick, and distribute them on a baking sheet without a lot of piling up. Sprinkle with salt and add a trickle of olive oil. We bake about 15 minutes. Add the fish stock without exceeding the height of the potatoes and place the snapper. If you want you can also add an onion cut in fine julienne. We roast the fish for about 20 minutes, ten on each side. When you turn it around, it is likely that part of the beautiful skin of the fish will remain in the skimmer or in the tool you use to bake the snapper on the other side.
4. Marshmallow gilthead
- Ingredients for 2 people . 2 golden rations, clean and open, or 4 golden fillets, 1 purple onion, 1 garlic clove, 2-3 tomatoes, 1 tablespoon capers, 2 anchovy fillets, 1 tablespoon boneless black olives, 1/2 Lemon, 1 glass of white wine, oregano, parsley, salt, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Development. Preheat the oven to 200ºC and grease a baking dish with oil. Cut the onion into fine julienne and arrange at the bottom of the dish. Chop the garlic clove with the anchovies and add them. Cut the tomatoes into thick slices and place them also on the onion. Season with salt and pepper and add some oregano. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the onion begins to be tender. Salpimentar the gilthead and place them on top of the vegetables. Water with lemon juice, white wine, and spread capers and sliced olives on top. Bake about 10 more minutes and serve with oregano and parsley.
5. Baked salmon in papillote
- Ingredients for 2 people. 200 g of clean fresh salmon, 100 g of onion, 1 Italian green pepper, 2 carrots, black pepper, and salt.
- Development. We cut the clean vegetables into thin sticks or julienne, the same size. We put them in a silicone case or in a package made with baking paper or aluminum foil. To do this, we cut a piece of about 60×30 cm and fold it in half. We add a little salt, a splash of wine, another of olive oil and a little water. We place the salmon cut into pieces of about 50 or 60 g close the case or package with some folds that ensure that it will be more or less airtight. We cook in the microwave at 4 minutes at maximum power or in a preheated oven at 200º C for about 15 minutes.
6. Baked mullets
- Ingredients for 4 people . 4 mullets, 2 lemons, 1 bay leaf, 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, 2 cloves of garlic, 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Development. We will start preparing the mullets that we have previously asked our fishmonger to scavenge. We remove the viscera by opening them lengthwise and wash them well. We place them in a baking dish, add salt and pepper inside, place the bay leaf on the tray and add a mixture made of the juice of half a lemon and apple cider vinegar. Preheat the oven to 200º C. In a pan, heat the oil and add the rolled garlic, browning it a little. We pour this garlic on the mullets and bake them for about eight minutes.
7. Roasted sea bass with “root” vegetables with cider
- Ingredients for 3 people. 3 clean or 1 large portion sea bass, 2 medium potatoes, 2 carrots, 1 turnip, 1 parsnip, 1 kohlrabi or nabicol, 1 lemon, 400 ml of cider, thyme, rosemary, granulated garlic, 1 pinch of ground cumin, parsley, Extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, and salt.
- Development. Preheat the oven to 200º C. Wash and peel all the vegetables. Chop the potatoes into wedges and the rest in sticks or cubes. Grease a baking dish with a little oil and add the potatoes and carrots. Cover with 1 glass of water and 1 glass of cider, salt, and pepper and add thyme and rosemary. Bake for 15 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables, half a glass of remaining cider, granulated garlic, and ground cumin, mixing well. Return to the oven 20-25 more minutes, making sure that it does not dry out. Season the clean fish with black pepper, parsley and a little more cumin, add lemon juice and add it to the source. Add the rest of the cider and bake a few minutes, until the sea bass is at its point, depending on its size. Serve with a little lemon.